AO, AA, Anisotropic Filtering and Idea for game mode

Everything Söldner / Semper Fidelis Marine Corps related.
MiiMoka
Rookie

AO, AA, Anisotropic Filtering and Idea for game mode

Postby MiiMoka » Sat 16. Feb 2019, 02:33

Hi guys sorry for my english, i'm french and i help with google trad. I wanted to tell you that I accidentally discovered "Söldner Secret Wars" some time ago, I have already done some Live on Twitch and some videos on Youtube, I take a lot of fun to play on and those to whom I did it discovered also loved it.

SSW is super cool and really fun, the demolition as well as the deformation of the terrain is totally amazing.
Being an amateur developer I managed to integrate the ambient occlusion (SSAO or HBAO) via the software "nvidia inspector" as well as the antialiasing FXAA and MSAA with MFAA for the cards superior to the generation Nvidia 9x series.

I also have a question to ask you, is it possible to modify the game? In order to add a "royal battle" mode, I think that SSW has everything to suit its type of game mode.

While waiting for your answer I put all this here. Good luck to all and see you soon on the field of battles.

For cards below the 9X series: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/07/6/1550280217-dscf5228-copie.jpg

For cards from the 9X series: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/07/6/1550279716-dscf5228.jpg

Put "Threaded optimization" on "ON" if you have a "CPU" quad core or more, the option is lower in the "Nvidia inspector".

Video:

https://youtu.be/cgsqqP30hkM

https://youtu.be/ED8rrz-2jz4

https://youtu.be/MLExZeQvJiU

Chronicless
Rookie

Re: AO, AA, Anisotropic Filtering and Idea for game mode

Postby Chronicless » Sun 17. Feb 2019, 11:52

Hey MiiMoka, looks good! It improves the grafic alot and the pixel trees are gone. I will check this.

MiiMoka
Rookie

Postby MiiMoka » Sun 17. Feb 2019, 17:50

Cool, I'm glad it serves and you like it. For the FOV I also have a little trick if it interests you, go to the file "config.ini" in the "Config" folder of the game. The FOV is on 50 by default but you can climb in tre 74 and 90 , this remains largely correct for a 16: 9 screen.

Chronicless
Rookie

Postby Chronicless » Sun 17. Feb 2019, 23:09

So it works well and was easy to set up with the "nvidia inspector". Everything looks smoother with this and so even better. But now its more difficult to spot the enemy because they are merging with the envirement. So you get a disadvantage over the other. But this problem you have in all competive games. The best settings are normally never the highest.

Maybe I just need practice with that but I think you cant compensate this because spotting is a big part of the game. Its a really nice improvement of the grafics and maybe I can find a setting with can handle both.

MiiMoka
Rookie

Postby MiiMoka » Mon 18. Feb 2019, 10:38

Yes it is on this can not please everyone but this allows at least those who want to make it more beautiful to be able to do it without much difficulty. If it is the antialisasing you miss you can remove it or go from FXAA to MSAA.

StoicSoldner
Rookie

Postby StoicSoldner » Mon 18. Feb 2019, 12:21

Thank you, MiiMoka! :)

MiiMoka
Rookie

Postby MiiMoka » Mon 18. Feb 2019, 13:08

Nothing, the game deserves it ;-)

Chronicless
Rookie

Postby Chronicless » Fri 22. Feb 2019, 16:41

And thx for the FOV setting this helped alot. Now even more fits on the screen.

MiiMoka
Rookie

Postby MiiMoka » Fri 22. Feb 2019, 18:48

Chronicless wrote:And thx for the FOV setting this helped alot. Now even more fits on the screen.

You're welcome Chronicless. Good Game :top:

Soturi
Rookie

Postby Soturi » Tue 19. Mar 2019, 13:45

MiiMoka,

Je veux dire un grand merci pour votre travail!
L'avenir de Söldner depende de personnes entreprenant comme vous-même.

I think Söldner needs new appealing things to lure in new players.
Söldner has everything it takes to be a great game, i consider it an "undiscovered classic".
The idea of having a "Battle Royale" mode might do the trick, although good marketing would be needed as well.
I would participate in funding a campaign to promote Söldner.
Maybe get some ads on youtube, or even launch the game on steam would be a HUGE relief for all of us.

I never quite understood what went wrong with all the legal things that led up to the failure of Söldner 2's launch...
But we need to look forward and get this game back on track.
Special credits for this to Huffel, Morgoth and others who work on this piece of art every day.
And thanks to Miimoka for reaching out his hands to help.

We have a very untoxic community. So i am sure we can make Söldner back to what it once was.

tl;dr: Thanks for all the effort to make Söldner great again, don't give up the fight!

Return to “SSW - General Discussion”