A question about Server Creation

Everything Söldner / Semper Fidelis Marine Corps related.
IgorWarrior
Corporal

A question about Server Creation

Postby IgorWarrior » Sun 3. Jan 2016, 22:26

How do I create online servers? I have the Soldner Server to do this, I entered the admin page, however nobody can enter the server (it appears sending challenge [number]).
Do I need to port foward my router? If yes, I don't know very well how to do this XD

MMz0r
Rookie

Re: A question about Server Creation

Postby MMz0r » Mon 4. Jan 2016, 18:04

Forward port 2000 (or whatever you've set it to) for both TCP and UDP. Forward port 7890 TCP if you need your server's admin webpage to be accessible from outside your LAN. Don't ask how to forward ports; consult your router's manual instead (it's different to each brand; some name it NA(P)T, others private server, etc.).

Your router will have to support NAT loopback or you will not be able to connect from your LAN (the !connect command was removed to disable connections to servers not listed in the portal, having the dev-team re-enable it is the best workaround for this issue).
You'll need a connection using static IP address or the server will be disconnected from the portal on each address change. Be advised each extra connection/player needs an exponential amount of resources (CPU cycles and connection upload bitrate).

Generally speaking you should not be hosting public servers if you don't know these things though.

IgorWarrior
Corporal

Postby IgorWarrior » Tue 5. Jan 2016, 23:13

Thanks for the help, I was needing that port.
I'm going to test soon, if anything goes wrong I will post here

HellRaiser
Rookie

Postby HellRaiser » Wed 1. Feb 2017, 03:32

Olá Igor, tenho este mesmo problema que você quanto ao acesso do servidor. Pode me ajudar dizendo como conseguiu resolver ? Grande abraço.

Return to “SSW - General Discussion”