LAN server without certain vehicles/weapons

Shore
Development Team - XML Artist

LAN server without certain vehicles/weapons

Postby Shore » Tue 2. Dec 2014, 21:27

last weekend someone asked on the server how to set up a server for a LAN without some vehicles available. As I forgot who asked, I may post the answer here:

Important: You can only play a LAN game without some vehicles or weapons, if both, the server and all clients that want to participate, are started in uncertified-mode.

For each client:
  • go to the Bin folder of the Soldner installation and copy the file 'soldner.bat'
  • rename the copy, e.g. to 'soldner_uncertified.bat'
  • open the renamed copy with a text editor and change the content to the following line and save the file:

Code: Select all

SoeldnerSecretWars.exe -uncertified -user:Client
  • use the file 'soldner_uncertified.bat' to start the Soldner client

Server setup:
  • get the server software here, extract the files to your disk (this will be the version to run the server)
  • extract the archive again to a second destination (this is your working copy for unwings)
  • get unwings here
  • use unwings to extract soldner1.pak and soldner2.pak (use your working copy, further information on how to use unwings can be found in the forum)

Now we have got a server installation for running the server (#1) and one with extracted data (#2).

• find your way in the extracted data (server installation #2) to: \game\Content\Data\Xml\ObjectDataBase\Vehicles
  • in this folder you find five subfolders (each for a certain category of vehicles) and a file ('RB_Surfaces.xml', which you better ignore)
  • in the case that you want to change the weapons and not the vehicles available, go to game\Content\Data\Xml\ObjectDataBase\Weapons instead. Here the following folders might be of interest: Rifles (for all kinds of rifles in the game, weapon slot 3), Pistols (weaponslot 2), Grenade (slot 4 - and some others that you better ignore), Launchers (includes all launchers for slot 5, but also those for the vehicles, the latter you better ignore)
  • find the vehicles/weapon, which shall no longer be available in your lan (as an example we use the Abrams: \game\Content\Data\Xml\ObjectDataBase\Vehicles\Tanks\RB_abrams.xml)
  • open this file in a text editor (I deeply recommend working with an advanced text editor, like notepad++)
  • at the bottom of the file, the very last lines look like this:

<EconomicalData
            sUsedBy="1 81"
            iCountryOrigin="1"
            fRareness="1.0"
            bReward="true"
            iBasePrice="20500"
        />
  • delete these lines (but make sure not to delet the very last line, which should be:

</XML>
  • do the same for all weapons/vehicles that shall no longer be available
  • now go to your server installation #1, and create the following folder structure \game\Content\Data\Xml\ObjectDataBase\Vehicles\ (resp. \game\Content\Data\Xml\ObjectDataBase\Weapons\ ) and all subfolders, where you changed some vehicles/weapons
  • copy the xml-files you changed from your server installation #2 to the same folder of server installation #1
  • do that for all files you've changed

Last we need to start the server in uncertified mode:
  • go to your server installation #1
  • in the folder 'Bin' create a copy of the file 'server_lan.bat', rename the copy, e.g. to 'server_lan_uncertified.bat'
  • open the file 'server_lan_uncertified.bat' in a text editor and change the content to:

SoeldnerSecretWarsServer.exe -uncertified -user:Server -nulldevice -lanonly
  • use the file 'server_lan_uncertified.bat' to start the lan-server.

Now the Abrams is still listed in the terminal for all players, but you may click on the button to purchase as often as you want to: neither will an Abrams spawn nor will any of your money be taken. ;)

Hope that helped.

Greets,

Shore

PlayerX
Corporal

Re: LAN server without certain vehicles/weapons

Postby PlayerX » Sat 6. Dec 2014, 13:02

Brilliant, thanks! :)

Shore
Development Team - XML Artist

Re: LAN server without certain vehicles/weapons

Postby Shore » Tue 9. Dec 2014, 17:43

Important: You can only play a LAN game without some vehicles or weapons, if both, the server and all clients that want to participate, are started in uncertified-mode.

This seems not, or at least not always, to be the case, if you do the same with a server running in online-mode.
In online mode files seem not to be compared in the same way as in LAN-mode, however sometimes a mismatch of such files may lead to false detection of cheating (incl. the server reaction set by the administrators).

I did not yet understand completely how it works and behaves and especially: when!
If you recognize any other behaviour let us now here, seems to be an interesting topic (at least to me).

Thx

Of course: special thx to GCK for their feedback ... everyday I learn something new about SSW and everyday I understand less :D

Return to “Modification Support”